How to use the W3F registrar page Print
Modified on: Fri, 10 Dec, 2021 at 12:06 PM
If you requested judgement for your on-chain identity through the Web3 Foundation Registrar you'll need to follow some automated steps to complete the judgement process.
NOTE: The automated process supports only the email, twitter and riot name fields in the on-chain identity. If you filled out any other fields, you'll need to email firstname.lastname@example.org to complete the verification of these fields manually.
How to complete the automated judgement process
1. After you've requested judgement for your on-chain identity go to the W3F Registrar page.
2. Select Polkadot or Kusama on the left, depending on whether you requested judgement for a Polkadot or Kusama account.
3. Enter the address of the account you requested judgement for in the text field.
4. The page will populate with the challenge and verification status for each field, like in the example below. The statuses update automatically, there's no need to refresh the page.
5. As you complete each challenge the status will change from "unverified" to "verified". Once all challenges have been completed, including any manual ones, after a few minutes you'll see the green checkmark next to your on-chain identity.
1. Send just the challenge to email@example.com. There's no need to enter an email subject.
2. You will receive a response with a new challenge.
3. Copy just the challenge and paste it in the text field that will have replaced the registrar email.
1. Visit the registrar's profile on Twitter.
2. Click on the envelope to send a direct message
3. Copy and paste the challenge in the direct message
NOTE: Twitter verification can take a few minutes
Matrix (Element) verification
1. Open Element and click on the plus (+) icon next to "People"
2. Search for registrar-v2:web3.foundation and click on the suggested result
3. Then click on "Go"
4. This will open a private chat with the registrar bot. Copy and paste your challenge and hit Enter.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Disclaimer: We always strive to provide you with the best support we can and we take all care to ensure that our instructions are accurate and concise. However, following these instructions properly, as well as the general management of your accounts and funds, is ultimately your responsibility. Web3 Foundation cannot be held liable for any accidental loss of funds or any other damage you might incur.