Staking Dashboard: How to Connect Your Ledger Print
Modified on: Fri, 28 Apr, 2023 at 7:06 PM
Start your staking journey or explore more information about staking on Polkadot's Home Page. Discover this new Staking Dashboard that makes staking much easier and check our extensive article list in the Overview article to help you get started.
This article explains how you can connect your Ledger account directly to the Staking Dashboard.
You can also add your accounts as read-only or through the extensions.
Ledger can only be connected using Chromium-based browsers, like Google Chrome or Brave.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
How to Connect Your Ledger
1. Connect your Ledger to the computer, unlock it, and open the Polkadot app.
2. On the Staking Dashboard, click on the "Connect" button in the top right corner:
3. If this is the first time you use the dashboard, you will be presented with all the possible options. Click on the Ledger option under "Hardware":
4. Your default Polkadot Ledger account will appear. Click the "Import" button next to it:
If you don't use the default account type of 0, click the "Get another account" button to generate an account with type 1, 2, etc.
5. Click the "Done" button, and confirm the account import:
6. You will be taken back to the different connection options. Click "Go To Accounts," and choose your Ledger account from the list:
You have now successfully connected your account to the dashboard!
Now you can start staking or join a nomination pool. Check this article to see what else you can do on the Staking Dashboard.
How to Disconnect Your Ledger
1. On the Staking Dashboard, click on the "Accounts" button in the top right corner:
2. Click "Disconnect" next to your Ledger account to disconnect it or select another account to connect that one instead.
Did you find it helpful? Yes NoSend feedback
Disclaimer: We always strive to provide you with the best support we can and we take all care to ensure that our instructions are accurate and concise. However, following these instructions properly, as well as the general management of your accounts and funds, is ultimately your responsibility. Web3 Foundation cannot be held liable for any accidental loss of funds or any other damage you might incur.