Polkadot-JS UI: How Can I Change my Controller Account? Print
Modified on: Wed, 8 Mar, 2023 at 7:25 PM
Start your staking journey or explore more information about staking on Polkadot's Home Page. Discover the new Staking Dashboard that makes staking much easier and check our extensive article list to help you get started.
There are a couple of reasons why you may want to change your controller to a different account. E.g.:
- You don't have any funds left in your old controller to pay transaction fees;
- Your old controller account was compromised;
- You can't restore access to your old controller account, etc.
How to change your controller account
1. On Polkadot-JS UI, navigate to Network > Staking > Accounts tab.
2. Click on the three dots next to your stash account and select "Change controller account":
3. In the "controller account" field, select the new account you want to set as controller from the drop-down menu:
Your new controller must have more than the Existential deposit to pay any upcoming transaction fees. You can use your one account as both the stash and the controller if you prefer.
4. Once you've selected the new controller, click on "Set controller":
5. Sign and submit the transaction to finalize the process.
Did you find it helpful? Yes NoSend feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.
Disclaimer: We always strive to provide you with the best support we can and we take all care to ensure that our instructions are accurate and concise. However, following these instructions properly, as well as the general management of your accounts and funds, is ultimately your responsibility. Web3 Foundation cannot be held liable for any accidental loss of funds or any other damage you might incur.