Polkadot-JS UI: How to Switch Network Nodes Print
Modified on: Tue, 4 Apr, 2023 at 1:09 PM
The Polkadot-JS UI allows us to connect to multiple nodes which provide on-chain information and facilitate interaction with the network. While these nodes offer the same services, they may encounter occasional connection issues. In such cases, we can effortlessly switch to a different node with the same functionalities. This article will explain how to switch nodes and networks from the same menu.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
If you're experiencing connection issues or having trouble making a transaction on Polkadot-JS UI, it can be useful to switch to another network node and try again.
1. To do this, first click on the current network on the top left.
2. You will see several nodes by different hosts. Simply select the other node here.
3. Click the "Switch" button on top.
You can also use the same panel to switch to a completely different network, e.g. from Polkadot to Kusama.
1. On Polkadot-JS UI, click on the currently selected network on the top left. In the case below, we currently are on the Polkadot network.
2. In the panel that opens, select the network you want to switch to. We're selecting Kusama. There are several nodes available and it doesn't matter which is selected. Only if you experience some connection issues, switch to another one.
3. Click on the "Switch" button.
4. You are now on the Kusama network and can access your KSM accounts here.
You can switch back to Polkadot or any other parachain in the same way.
Check out this educational tutorial for a more detailed description:
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Disclaimer: We always strive to provide you with the best support we can and we take all care to ensure that our instructions are accurate and concise. However, following these instructions properly, as well as the general management of your accounts and funds, is ultimately your responsibility. Web3 Foundation cannot be held liable for any accidental loss of funds or any other damage you might incur.