Polkadot Extension: Where to Download It Print
Modified on: Wed, 8 Mar, 2023 at 7:04 PM
The Polkadot extension is an officially supported account manager developed by Parity. In this article you can learn where to download it for Chromium-based browsers (Chrome, Brave, Edge) and Firefox.
We highly recommend that you add your accounts in the browser extension, as it has many advantages:
1. It provides better security than using the Web UI directly
2. Your browser won't "forget" your accounts if its cookies are cleared
3. It allows you to interact with any Web 3.0 compatible site in the Polkadot ecosystem
4. The extension recognizes all known Polkadot scams and alerts you when you try to visit a known scam site. This will help you protect yourself and your funds.
If you haven't installed the Polkadot extension yet, you can find download instructions here.
ℹ️ GOOD TO KNOW The Polkadot extension is an account manager, not a wallet. You will still need to use Polkadot-JS UI to interact with your accounts and see your balance.
The Polkadot extension is a plugin that you can install directly through the Google Chrome Store or via Firefox Add-ons.
- On Chrome, install via Chrome web store
- On Firefox, install via Firefox add-ons
⛔️ READ THIS FIRST! There are from time to time phishing extensions in the web stores that pose as Polkadot wallets. Beware not to fall for these scams!
Download the Polkadot extension only from the links above and DO NOT create accounts or enter your mnemonic phrase in any extension, site or app that you don't trust explicitly!
Learn more on how to protect yourself from scams here.
Did you find it helpful? Yes NoSend feedback
Disclaimer: We always strive to provide you with the best support we can and we take all care to ensure that our instructions are accurate and concise. However, following these instructions properly, as well as the general management of your accounts and funds, is ultimately your responsibility. Web3 Foundation cannot be held liable for any accidental loss of funds or any other damage you might incur.