Polkadot-JS UI: How to Receive DOT to My Account Print
Modified on: Mon, 30 Oct, 2023 at 5:01 PM
Polkadot-JS UI is a web wallet meant for power users and developers. For everyday use, there are several user-friendly wallets funded by the Polkadot Treasury that support a plethora of features and platforms. Discover them on Polkadot's homepage.
In this article, you'll learn how to copy your account address in order to receive funds to your account. The process is the same whether you send DOT to yourself from another account or someone else sends it to you.
How to receive funds to your account
To receive funds to an account, you need to copy your account address and either share it with the sender or use it yourself, if you are sending funds from an exchange or another one of your accounts.
2. Click on the icon next to your account. This will copy the account's address.
3. Paste the account to the proper destination.
- If you receive funds from someone else, share the address with them.
- If you withdraw funds from an exchange, paste the address in the appropriate field on the exchange's withdrawal page.
- If you are sending funds from another account of yours on Polkadot-JS UI, check this article on how to do it.
- If you are sending funds from a different wallet, paste the address in the recipient's field on that wallet.
⛔️ READ THIS FIRST! Always triple-check the address after you've pasted it to make sure it's the correct one. Blockchain transactions are irreversible and if you accidentally send funds to the wrong address, there's no way to get them back!
ℹ️ INFO If you are using a Ledger you can confirm you have pasted the correct address on your Ledger device. Check this article on how to do that.
4. After you have sent your funds to your account, your balance will update automatically after a few seconds. Keep in mind that exchanges don't process withdrawals right away, so if you are sending from an exchange, it may take longer for your funds to show up in your account.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Disclaimer: We always strive to provide you with the best support we can and we take all care to ensure that our instructions are accurate and concise. However, following these instructions properly, as well as the general management of your accounts and funds, is ultimately your responsibility. Web3 Foundation cannot be held liable for any accidental loss of funds or any other damage you might incur.