Polkadot-JS UI: How do I Change My Nominated Validators? Print
Modified on: Tue, 23 May, 2023 at 11:17 AM
Start your staking journey or explore more information about staking on Polkadot's Home Page. Discover the new Staking Dashboard that makes staking much easier and check our extensive article list to help you get started.
There are different reasons why you may want to change your nominations to a different validator set on Polkadot. Maybe some of your chosen validators are oversubscribed, or you found more profitable ones. Maybe there are simply new validators that you'd specifically like to support.
You do not need to unbond your tokens to nominate different validators. You can simply change your selected validators. There are two ways to do that on Polkadot-JS UI.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Change your validator set in the Accounts tab
If you know exactly which validators you want to remove from your current set and which ones you want to add, use this option.
1. Navigate to "Network" > "Staking" > "Accounts" tab.
2. Click on the three dots next to the nominating account you want to use, and choose "Set nominees":
3. In the window that opens up, you will see all available validators on the left and your currently selected ones on the right:
4. To remove a validator from your set, find it on the right and click on its name. This will move the validator to the list on the left.
5. To add new validators to your set, find it on the left and click on its name. This will add the validator to your set on the right. You can use the search bar above to find validators by their names.
6. Once you're happy with your selection, click the Nominate button on the bottom right, then sign and submit the transaction.
Your new selection will take effect in the next era.
Change your validator set in the Targets Tab
This option allows you to see more information about validators before making a selection. This is especially useful if you notice that you are nominating oversubscribed validators.
1. Navigate to "Network" > "Staking" > "Targets" tab. It may take some time to load.
2. In this tab, you can view statistics for validators and filter them on various criteria:
Please ensure that you've read this article on choosing your validators.
3. Click next to the validator's return to checkmark it. Once you've marked all the validators you wanted to nominate, click on the "Nominate selected" button above:
You can also automatically select the top 16 validators based on their return by clicking the "Most profitable" button, but that's not necessarily the best strategy.
If you joined a nomination pool, you cannot change validators. It's up to the Nominator of the pool to modify its nominations. Visit the "Pools" > "Own pools" section on the Polkadot-JS UI to know the Nominator and your pool nominations.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Disclaimer: We always strive to provide you with the best support we can and we take all care to ensure that our instructions are accurate and concise. However, following these instructions properly, as well as the general management of your accounts and funds, is ultimately your responsibility. Web3 Foundation cannot be held liable for any accidental loss of funds or any other damage you might incur.