Polkadot Vault: How to Add your Account on Polkadot-JS UI Print
Modified on: Fri, 28 Apr, 2023 at 6:44 PM
Polkadot Vault is the new mobile app developed by Parity that replaces Parity Signer. It's redesigned with additional functionality and for a better and more streamlined user experience.
In this article, you will learn how to add your Polkadot Vault account to Polkadot-JS UI. Polkadot Vault is a cold-storage account manager app, you need a UI in order to interact with your accounts and issue transactions.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- How to add your account through the Polkadot extension
- How to add your account directly on Polkadot-JS UI
How to add your account through the Polkadot extension
2. Open the Polkadot extension in your browser toolbar. Click on the gear icon to open the settings. Here, allow QR camera access, then choose "Open extension in new window".
3. The extension will open in a new window. You will see a camera icon in the URL bar: click on it and allow the extension to access your camera.
4. You may need to reload the extension page. Then click on the plus icon and choose "Attach external QR-signer account".
5. A camera will open on your browser. Now, open your Polkadot Vault app and select the account you want to add.
6. On the next screen, select the chain on which you want to use that account. This will show up the account's address on that chain in QR code.
7. Show the QR code to the camera. Your Polkadot Vault account is now added to the extension! You will also see the account on the Accounts page on Polkadot-JS UI.
How to add your account directly on Polkadot-JS UI
We highly recommend adding your Polkadot Vault account through the Polkadot extension. It provides better security and convenience.
2. To add your account directly on Polkadot-JS UI, go to the Accounts page and click "Add via Qr":
3. Allow Polkadot-JS UI to use your camera. If you do not see a pop-up request, click on a camera icon in the URL bar and allow the website to access your camera.
4. A camera will open on your browser. Follow steps 5 & 6 in the previous section to get your account's QR code in Polkadot Vault.
5. Show the QR code to the camera. Your Polkadot Vault account is now added to the Accounts page!
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Disclaimer: We always strive to provide you with the best support we can and we take all care to ensure that our instructions are accurate and concise. However, following these instructions properly, as well as the general management of your accounts and funds, is ultimately your responsibility. Web3 Foundation cannot be held liable for any accidental loss of funds or any other damage you might incur.