Polkadot-JS UI: How to Add a Ledger Account Print
Modified on: Mon, 1 May, 2023 at 1:26 PM
1. Start by installing the Polkadot app on your Ledger device by following the Ledger's Support page instructions.
2. Open a Chromium-based browser (Google Chrome, Edge, Brave, etc.) and make you're using the latest version.
3. On Polkadot-JS UI, navigate to the Settings tab. Under account options, choose "Allow local in-browser account storage" and "Attach Ledger via WebUSB," then click Save:
4. Next, go to the Accounts page, and you will see the "From Ledger" button:
5. Click it, and a window asking you to input a local name for your Ledger, as well as Account Type and Address Index, will pop up:
If you get the "No device selected" error, check your browser settings. Go to Settings > Privacy and Security > Site Settings > Additional permissions > USB devices, and make sure "Sites can ask to connect to USB devices" is selected. Then try again.
6. As a regular user, simply leave the default setting of 0 and 0. Only if you are an advanced user with several DOT accounts on a single Ledger device, enter the appropriate derivation path here. Click Save after you're done.
Remember the combination you used here (e.g., 0 and 0) because you will be asked to enter it if you need to re-add your Ledger in the future. Any other combination (e.g. 0/1 or 1/1) will produce a different DOT account.
7. Well done! You should see your account appear on the Accounts page under "Hardware" account type:
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Disclaimer: We always strive to provide you with the best support we can and we take all care to ensure that our instructions are accurate and concise. However, following these instructions properly, as well as the general management of your accounts and funds, is ultimately your responsibility. Web3 Foundation cannot be held liable for any accidental loss of funds or any other damage you might incur.