My Mnemonic Phrase is Invalid! Print
Modified on: Wed, 8 Mar, 2023 at 7:30 PM
When you are trying to restore your account on Polkadot-JS UI or in the Polkadot extension, you may get an error like in these screenshots.
If your mnemonic phrase appears to be invalid, please check the following:
- That all the words are entered. The error message will show up until you fill out the whole mnemonic phrase correctly. Usually, a mnemonic phrase consists of 12 or 24 words.
- All the words are spelled correctly. You can check them against this list to ensure they are spelled properly.
- You enter the words in small letters only.
- You use only one space between the words and no space or new line at the end or beginning.
- Your keyboard is set to English.
Did you find it helpful? Yes NoSend feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.
Disclaimer: We always strive to provide you with the best support we can and we take all care to ensure that our instructions are accurate and concise. However, following these instructions properly, as well as the general management of your accounts and funds, is ultimately your responsibility. Web3 Foundation cannot be held liable for any accidental loss of funds or any other damage you might incur.