Ledger: General Troubleshooting Print
Modified on: Fri, 28 Apr, 2023 at 12:18 PM
⛔ READ THIS FIRST!
You can allow a Ledger account on all chains only if it has been added directly on the Polkadot-JS UI. Ledger accounts added in the Polkadot extension cannot be used on all chains.
However, it is strongly recommended that you use a Ledger account only on one network. Otherwise, you may lose access to your funds.
You can find more information in this article.
General Troubleshooting Tips
If you're experiencing issues with Polkadot or Kusama on your Ledger device, please first verify the following:
- Your Ledger Live software is up to date.
- Your Ledger Polkadot/Kusama app is updated.
- Your device firmware is updated.
If updates don't help, here are some other things to pay attention to:
- Try to"power off" the device and turn it back on to restart it.
- Open the Polkadot or Kusama app on your Ledger device before attempting the action.
- Make sure your Ledger Live app is not open at the same time.
If the above steps don't help, below are links to solutions for common errors:
- Unknown Status Code: 28161
- Txn version not supported
- No compatible device found
- Spec version not supported
- Method not supported
- Unable to create enum via index
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Disclaimer: We always strive to provide you with the best support we can and we take all care to ensure that our instructions are accurate and concise. However, following these instructions properly, as well as the general management of your accounts and funds, is ultimately your responsibility. Web3 Foundation cannot be held liable for any accidental loss of funds or any other damage you might incur.