How to add a Parity Signer account on Polkadot-JS UI Print
Modified on: Sat, 16 Jul, 2022 at 2:38 PM
Parity Signer is the iOS and Android account manager app. It is meant to be used on an old phone that can permanently stay offline. You will still need a UI, like Polkadot-JS UI, to interact with your accounts and initiate transactions.
How to add your account through the Polkadot extension
2. Open the Polkadot browser extension in your browser toolbar. Click on the gear icon to open the settings. Here, allow QR camera access, then choose "Open extension in new window":
3. The extension will open in a new window. You will see a camera icon in the URL bar: click on it and allow the extension to access your camera.
4. You may need to reload the extension page. Then click on the plus icon and choose "Attach external QR-signer account":
5. A camera will open on your browser. Now, open your Parity Signer app and navigate to the Keys tab. Tap on your account twice to see a QR code.
6. Show the QR code in Parity Signer to the camera. Your Parity Signer account is now added to the extension! You will also see the account on the Accounts page on Polkadot-JS UI.
How to add your account directly on Polkadot-JS UI
IMPORTANT: We highly recommend adding your Parity Signer account through the Polkadot browser extension. It provides better security and convenience.
2. To add your account directly on Polkadot-JS, go to the Accounts page and click "Add via Qr":
3. Allow Polkadot-JS UI to use your camera. If you do not see a pop-up request, click on a camera icon in the URL bar and allow the website to access your camera.
4. A camera will open on your browser. Now, open your Parity Signer app and navigate to the Keys tab. Tap on your account twice to see a QR code.
5. Show the QR code in Parity Signer to the camera. Your Parity Signer account is now added to the Accounts page!
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Disclaimer: We always strive to provide you with the best support we can and we take all care to ensure that our instructions are accurate and concise. However, following these instructions properly, as well as the general management of your accounts and funds, is ultimately your responsibility. Web3 Foundation cannot be held liable for any accidental loss of funds or any other damage you might incur.