Staking Dashboard: How to Join a Nomination Pool Print
Modified on: Mon, 7 Nov, 2022 at 1:39 PM
Start your staking journey or explore more information about staking on Polkadot's Home Page. Discover this new Staking Dashboard that makes staking much easier and check our extensive article list in the Overview article to help you get started.
This article explains how to use the Staking Dashboard to join a nomination pool.
In this example, we are using the Westend testnet, but the process is the same for Polkadot and Kusama.
How to Join a Nomination Pool
IMPORTANT: You can only participate in a pool with transferable balance and the amount you participate with is transferred from your account to the nomination pool. The pool account is controlled only by the pool's internal logic and no one else.
NOTE: An account can only be a member of one pool at a time.
1. To join a pool, navigate to the "All Pools" tab or click + Join Pool.
Here is where you can browse available nomination pools.
2. Navigate to the pool you would like to join and select the Join > button.
3. Next, enter the number of tokens you'd like to bond and click Submit. Take note of the transaction fees.
4. After the transaction completes, the "Overview" tab will be presented again, displaying which pool is occupied.
How to Increase Your Bond in the Pool
1. To increase your existing stake, click on the + button.
2. Select Bond Extra.
3. Choose the amount you want to add to your bonded tokens and click Submit.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Disclaimer: We always strive to provide you with the best support we can and we take all care to ensure that our instructions are accurate and concise. However, following these instructions properly, as well as the general management of your accounts and funds, is ultimately your responsibility. Web3 Foundation cannot be held liable for any accidental loss of funds or any other damage you might incur.