Staking Dashboard: Overview Print
Modified on: Mon, 31 Oct, 2022 at 6:20 PM
Start your staking journey or explore more information about staking on Polkadot's Home Page. Discover this new Staking Dashboard that makes staking much easier. This Overview article and all the articles it links to can help you get started.
This dashboard is still in beta version, but it is already operational and provides a very nice UI through which you can bond or unbond your tokens, select which validators to nominate, see their statistics, as well as statistics of the network, view your staking rewards, and more.
In this article, we go over the dashboard and briefly explain the various features. You can follow links to other articles that explain specific functionality in more detail.
Navigating the Overview page
Below is the screen you will encounter when first visiting the Staking Dashboard. We have numbered the sections for easy reference.
1. This is the Overview tab, where you can see information about the network and your account at a glance.
2. Stake tab: This is the tab where you can do most of the staking actions with your account and see the selection of your validators along with their status (active/inactive/waiting). More specifically, you can:
- Stake your tokens
- Bond more tokens
- Unbond your tokens
- Rebond your tokens while they are unbonding
- Change the Controller account
- Change the rewards destination
- Change your nominations
3. Payouts tab: Here, you can see details about your recent staking rewards. Check out this guide for more info.
4. Validators tab: The Validators tab is where you can see all the validators on the network, filter them based on several criteria, add any of them to your favorites, and see network metrics for validators.
5. Community tab: The Community tab is where validators can submit their validator entities, meaning details about the validators they run on each network, along with their contact information.
6. Favourites tab: Here, you'll see any validators you selected as favourites. Read more about it in this article.
7. Feedback tab: Here, you can leave feedback on the dashboard and like or reply to other posts.
8. Under Network, you can choose which network to use the dashboard with. You can select Polkadot, Kusama or Westend.
9. With the Connect button, you can connect your account to the dashboard from a selection of popular ecosystem extensions. You can connect either the controller or your stash account and add any account as "read-only."
10. The Assistant provides details on each tab's features and terms. Also, every section in the dashboard has a small "i" icon next to it. Clicking on it brings up a brief explanation of that item.
11. At the top of the dashboard, you can see information on the total and active nominators on the network, along with the limits for each. You can also see the era we're currently in.
12. If you have connected your account, in the center of the dashboard, you can see basic information about your stake at a glance.
12a. Wherever you see the Subscan icon in the dashboard, it means that this data is fetched from the Subscan API. You can disable this (or in the future, change the source) in Settings. It is the gear icon at the bottom left corner.
13. At the bottom of the page, you can see announcements that relate to the network's staking process.
Nomination Pools are now live on Polkadot, Kusama, and Westend.
Here is what you can do with them:
- Joining Nomination Pools
- Creating Nomination Pools
- Claiming Rewards
- Exiting a Nomination Pool
- Nomination Pool Features
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Disclaimer: We always strive to provide you with the best support we can and we take all care to ensure that our instructions are accurate and concise. However, following these instructions properly, as well as the general management of your accounts and funds, is ultimately your responsibility. Web3 Foundation cannot be held liable for any accidental loss of funds or any other damage you might incur.