Staking Dashboard: How to Unbond from a Nomination Pool Print
Modified on: Tue, 14 Mar, 2023 at 2:56 PM
Start your staking journey or explore more information about staking on Polkadot's Home Page. Discover this new Staking Dashboard that makes staking much easier and check our extensive article list in the Overview article to help you get started.
Members can either unbond part of the funds from a nomination pool or exit the pool completely.
In this example, we will be using Westend, but the processes are the same for Polkadot and Kusama.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
⚠️ WARNING You cannot rebond during the unbonding period with a nomination pool. If you change your mind, you must wait for the unbonding period to end before you can join a nomination pool again.
‼️ IMPORTANT The above actions will claim all earned rewards. See this article to learn how to manually claim rewards.
1. If you intend to only unbond a portion of your tokens from the pool, click the minus button.
2. A Remove Bond pop-up will display. Here, you can enter the amount of tokens you would like to unbond. You can click the "Max" button to unbond all but the minimum amount needed to remain a member of the pool:
3. Once you enter the amount, click "Submit," and sign the transaction to unbond.
The usual unbonding period is applied when unbonding from a nomination pool. After it ends, you can withdraw the tokens to make them transferrable.
1. If you intend to unbond all your funds, click the "Leave" button next to your pool. Unbonding and withdrawing in this way completely ends the relationship with the pool, allowing you to join a different pool if desired.
2. This option always unbond the full amount you had in the pool. Click "Submit" and sign the transaction to unbond.
The usual unbonding period is applied when exiting a nomination pool. After it ends, you can withdraw the tokens to make them transferrable.
1. After unbonding your tokens, you will need to wait for the unbonding period, which serves as a cooldown. The length of an era and the total duration of the unbonding period differs depending on which network you are using.
ℹ️ GOOD TO KNOW It takes 7 days (28 eras) to unbond on Kusama, 28 days (28 eras) on Polkadot, and 12 hours (2 eras) on Westend.
Once this period is complete, you can select the "unlock" icon to redeem your tokens back to transferable in your account.
2. A pop-up box will confirm the amount available to withdraw. Click the Withdraw button to proceed.
If you are more of a visual learner, check the video guide below. It covers everything you can do using the Staking Dashboard. You can skip to 13:39 to see how to unbond your funds from a nomination pool:
Did you find it helpful? Yes NoSend feedback
Disclaimer: We always strive to provide you with the best support we can and we take all care to ensure that our instructions are accurate and concise. However, following these instructions properly, as well as the general management of your accounts and funds, is ultimately your responsibility. Web3 Foundation cannot be held liable for any accidental loss of funds or any other damage you might incur.