Can't connect Ledger: "No compatible device found." Print
Modified on: Wed, 2 Mar, 2022 at 9:04 PM
If you encounter the message "No compatible device found" when trying to connect your Ledger to polkadot.js, please make sure that:
- Your Ledger device is properly connected to your computer
- It is unlocked
- The DOT app is open on the device
- Your Ledger Live software is uptodate
- Your DOT app in Ledger Live is uptodate
- The Ledger Live app is NOT open on your computer as it can interfere with polkadot.js
- You are using the original Ledger cable to connect the device to your computer
If none of the above tips help, please try another browser (Chrome, Brave or Edge) and see if it makes a difference.
Note for Windows 7 users:
The Ledger Live app is not supported on Windows 7. If that is your operating system there is unfortunately no solution. You could only upgrade your operating system or use another device with a different one.
Alternatively, Ledger also has some troubleshooting tips on their site here.
For more general details on the Ledger wallet, please visit our Wiki.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback