Nova Wallet: Overview Print
Modified on: Tue, 6 Feb, 2024 at 4:40 PM
Nova Wallet is a Polkadot wallet developed and maintained by Novasama Technologies. It is an open-source mobile app available for iOS and Android, funded by the Polkadot Treasury. Nova Wallet is compatible with many DApps and wallets in the ecosystem.
This article will go through a general overview of Nova Wallet and the functionalities it offers for Polkadot users.
Nova Wallet Overview
You'll be asked to add your account once you install the app and open it for the first time. You have four options:
- Create a new account in Nova Wallet
- Restore your existing account with its mnemonic phrase, JSON backup file, or raw seed
- Connect a hardware wallet: Ledger, Polkadot Vault, or Parity Signer
- Add a watch-only account
The following screenshot shows the initial view of the Nova Wallet once you add an account. By default, the Assets tab is open. Numbers in the screenshot refer to the sections briefly described below:
1. Your account. Here, you can switch between the accounts you added to Nova Wallet, add and remove them, and view your account addresses on each supported network.
2. Your balance. Here, you can see your total account balance, send funds (both as regular transfers and cross-chain), and buy crypto.
3. Your NFTs. Here, you can view the NFTs in your account on any supported network.
5. DApps tab. Here, you can connect your Nova Wallet account to one of the many web apps in the ecosystem, including the Polkadot Staking Dashboard.
6. Staking tab. Here, you can stake your DOT solo or join a nomination pool. Other networks are also supported.
7. Settings tab. Here, you can manage your accounts in the app and change your preferences.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Disclaimer: We always strive to provide you with the best support we can and we take all care to ensure that our instructions are accurate and concise. However, following these instructions properly, as well as the general management of your accounts and funds, is ultimately your responsibility. Web3 Foundation cannot be held liable for any accidental loss of funds or any other damage you might incur.