Nova Wallet: How to Connect a Polkadot Vault Account Print
Modified on: Tue, 6 Feb, 2024 at 4:41 PM
How to connect a Polkadot Vault account to Nova Wallet
1. Open the app. If you don't have any accounts yet, choose "Connect hardware wallet":
If you have an account already, go to Settings > Wallets and tap "Add wallet" first:
2. If you don't have a PIN code set up yet, set it up now and confirm it:
3. Choose "Polkadot Vault" from the list:
4. Follow the provided instructions in Polkadot Vault to get a QR code. In Nova Wallet, tap "Scan QR code":
5. Allow Nova access to your camera if asked.
6. Open the Polkadot Vault app on another device and choose the account you want to add to Nova:
Present the QR from Polkadot Vault to the camera in Nova Wallet.
⚠️ ATTENTION In the latest versions of Polkadot Vault, the accounts for each network are derived from the mnemonic phrase using a custom derivation path ("//polkadot" for Polkadot, "//kusama" for Kusama, etc.) When you add a Polkadot Vault account in Nova Wallet, this account will be available on all supported chains. However, the accounts on these chains will not match the accounts on Polkadot Vault and you will not be able to sign transactions for them. Make sure you use the imported account only on the chain you imported it for.
7. Once the code is scanned, tap "Continue" and give your account a name. The name is only used locally for your convenience and doesn't appear on-chain.
8. Tap "Continue," and your Polkadot Vault account is connected to Nova Wallet! Check this article to see what you can do with it in the app.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Disclaimer: We always strive to provide you with the best support we can and we take all care to ensure that our instructions are accurate and concise. However, following these instructions properly, as well as the general management of your accounts and funds, is ultimately your responsibility. Web3 Foundation cannot be held liable for any accidental loss of funds or any other damage you might incur.