Nova Wallet: How to Create an Account Print
Modified on: Tue, 6 Feb, 2024 at 4:41 PM
Nova Wallet is a Polkadot wallet developed and maintained by Novasama Technologies. It is an open-source mobile app available for iOS and Android, funded by the Polkadot Treasury. Nova Wallet is compatible with many DApps and wallets in the ecosystem.
In this article, we'll show how to create a new Polkadot account in Nova Wallet. We'll use the Android version of the app, but the differences are minimal.
How to Create a New Account in Nova Wallet
1. Open the app. If you don't have any accounts yet, choose "Create a new wallet":
If you have an account already, go to Settings > Wallets and tap "Add wallet" first:
2. If you don't have a PIN code set up yet, set it up now and confirm it:
3. Give your account a name. It's only used locally for your convenience and doesn't appear on-chain:
4. Next, you'll be presented with a 12-word mnemonic phrase. Read the warning and tap "I understand" to see the phrase:
⛔ READ THIS FIRST!
Keep your mnemonic phrase safe and secret! Anyone who knows it can have full access to your account. Losing your mnemonic phrase can result in losing access to the account permanently.
5. Re-enter the words in the same order to confirm:
6. You created a new account! Check this article to see what you can do with it in Nova Wallet.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Disclaimer: We always strive to provide you with the best support we can and we take all care to ensure that our instructions are accurate and concise. However, following these instructions properly, as well as the general management of your accounts and funds, is ultimately your responsibility. Web3 Foundation cannot be held liable for any accidental loss of funds or any other damage you might incur.