How to restore your DOT account in Parity Signer Print
Modified on: Wed, 24 Nov, 2021 at 7:53 PM
NOTE: In this article you will learn how to restore an account in Parity Signer that was originally created in Parity Signer. If you want to know how to create a new account in Parity Signer, please refer to the video tutorial in this article. If you want to know how to restore an account created on Polkadot-JS UI, please refer to this article.
If you previously created a Polkadot account in Parity Singer will have received a mnemonic phrase which you should have written down on paper. Parity Signer allows you to restore your account from your mnemonic phrase.
IMPORTANT! It is recommended that you install the Parity Signer app on an old phone that you do not connect to the internet anymore. This way you keep your private keys offline, and your phone becomes a cold storage wallet.
How to restore your account with your mnemonic phrase in Parity Signer
1. Download the Parity Signer app from the official source here and install it on your phone.
2. Open the app and select Polkadot (if you want to restore an account on a different network then you would choose that)
3. On the next screen, click on the profile icon on the top right
4. You will now see your account overview. If you already have existing accounts, they will be displayed here. Click on Add Identity.
5. Add a name for your account and then click "recover existing identity" underneath the Create button.
6. On the next screen, enter your mnemonic phrase and press the "Recover" button once you have entered all your words.
7. Next, create a PIN code to quickly access your account in the future, and press the DONE button. Make sure it's long, unique and not something someone can guess (like your birthday).
8. Your account has successfully been restored! This will bring you back to the home page. Click on Polkadot to view your account.
9. You can now see your DOT address in text format and as a QR code.
10. Click on the profile icon on the top right to see this account listed in your account overview. You can change your account name anytime by clicking on "Manage Identity".
You can now add this account to your accounts page through the "Add via Qr" button:
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback