How to restore your DOT account in Parity Signer Print
Modified on: Fri, 25 Sep, 2020 at 5:46 PM
In this article you will learn how to restore an existing DOT account in Parity Signer. If you want to know how to create a new account in Parity Signer, please refer to the video tutorial in this article.
If you previously created a Polkadot account - either during a token sale or in another wallet - you will have received a mnemonic seed and/or a JSON file for which you set a password.
Parity Signer allows you to restore your account from your mnemonic seed. It is recommended that you install the Parity Signer app on an old phone that you do not connect to the internet anymore. This way you keep your private keys offline, and your phone becomes a cold storage wallet.
How to restore your account with your mnemonic seed in Parity Signer
1. Download the Parity Signer app from the official source here and install it on your phone.
2. Open the app and select Polkadot (if you want to restore e.g. a Kusama or Ethereum account, then you would choose those.)
3. On the next screen, click on the profile icon on the top right
4. You will now see your account overview. If you already have existing accounts, they will be displayed here. Click on Add Identity.
5. Add a name for your account and then click "recover existing identity" underneath the Create button.
6. On the next screen, enter your mnemonic seed phrase and press the Recover button once you have entered all your words.
7. Next, create a PIN code to quickly access your account in the future, and press the DONE button.
8. Your account has successfully been restored! This will bring you back to the home page. Click on Polkadot to view your address.
9. You can now see your DOT address in text format and as a QR code.
10. Click on the profile icon on the top right to see this account listed in your account overview. You can change your account name anytime by clicking on "Manage Identity".
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback