How to create a DOT account Print
Modified on: Wed, 4 May, 2022 at 1:32 AM
- Polkadot browser extension - see below video tutorial
- Polkadot-JS user interface (UI)
Whether or not you use an external hardware wallet, we highly recommend that you add your accounts through the browser extension, as it has many advantages:
- It provides better security than using the Web UI directly
- Your browser won't "forget" your accounts if its cookies are cleared
- The extension recognizes all known Polkadot scams and alerts you when you access a phishing site. This will help you protect yourself and your funds.
Note: You will still need to use the Polkadot-JS UI to manage your accounts.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Disclaimer: We always strive to provide you with the best support we can and we take all care to ensure that our instructions are accurate and concise. However, following these instructions properly, as well as the general management of your accounts and funds, is ultimately your responsibility. Web3 Foundation cannot be held liable for any accidental loss of funds or any other damage you might incur.