Staking Dashboard: Overview Print
Modified on: Thu, 9 Mar, 2023 at 3:03 PM
Start your staking journey or explore more information about staking on Polkadot's Home Page. Discover this new Staking Dashboard that makes staking much easier. This Overview article and all the articles it links to can help you get started.
This dashboard provides a very nice UI through which you can bond or unbond your tokens, select which validators to nominate, see their statistics, as well as statistics of the network, view your staking rewards, and more.
In this article, we go over the dashboard and briefly explain the various features. You can follow links to other articles that explain specific functionality in more detail.
Navigating the Overview page
Below is the screen you will encounter when first visiting the Staking Dashboard. We have numbered the sections for easy reference.
1. This is the Overview tab, where you can see information about the network and your account at a glance.
2. Nominate tab: This is the tab where you can do most of the staking actions with your account and see the selection of your validators along with their status (active/inactive/waiting). More specifically, you can:
- Stake your tokens
- Bond more tokens
- Unbond your tokens
- Rebond your tokens while they are unbonding
- Change the Controller account
- Change the rewards destination
- Change your nominations
3. Pools tab: On this tab, you can join or create nomination pools. Check out this article for more nomination pool features.
4. Payouts tab: Here, you can see details about your recent staking rewards. Check out this guide for more info.
5. Validators tab: The Validators tab is where you can see all the validators on the network, filter them based on several criteria, add any of them to your favorites, and see network metrics for validators.
6. Community tab: The Community tab is where validators can submit their validator entities, meaning details about the validators they run on each network, along with their contact information.
7. Favorites tab: Here, you'll see any validators you selected as favourites. Read more about it in this article.
8. Resources button: This button provides details on each tab's features and terms. Also, every section in the dashboard has a small "i" icon next to it. Clicking on it brings up a brief explanation of that item.
9. Feedback tab: Here, you can leave feedback on the dashboard and like or reply to other posts.
10. Under Network, you can choose which network to use the dashboard with. You can select Polkadot, Kusama or Westend.
11. With the Accounts button, you can connect your account to the dashboard from a selection of popular ecosystem extensions. You can connect either the controller or your stash account and add any account as "read-only."
12. At the top of the dashboard, you can see information on the total and active nominators on the network, along with the limits for each. You can also see the era we're currently in.
13. The tips section provides recommendations based on information from your account. Tips can be turned off or re-enabled from dashboard settings that can be accessed via the "cog" icon in the bottom left corner of the side menu.
14. If you have connected your account, in the center of the dashboard, you can see basic information about your stake at a glance.
14a. Wherever you see the Subscan icon in the dashboard, it means that this data is fetched from the Subscan API. You can disable this (or, in the future, change the source) in Settings. It is the gear icon at the bottom left corner.
15. Several options and links: Expand/contract lateral menu, GitHub link, Settings, Language, and Dark/Light mode.
16. At the bottom of the page, you can see announcements that relate to the network's staking process.
If you prefer a staking dashboard walkthrough on video, check the link below:
Nomination Pools are now live on Polkadot, Kusama, and Westend.
Here is what you can do with them:
- Joining Nomination Pools
- Creating Nomination Pools
- Claiming Rewards
- Exiting a Nomination Pool
- Nomination Pool Features
Did you find it helpful? Yes NoSend feedback
Disclaimer: We always strive to provide you with the best support we can and we take all care to ensure that our instructions are accurate and concise. However, following these instructions properly, as well as the general management of your accounts and funds, is ultimately your responsibility. Web3 Foundation cannot be held liable for any accidental loss of funds or any other damage you might incur.