Talisman Wallet: How to Import a Polkadot Vault Account Print
Modified on: Tue, 6 Feb, 2024 at 4:40 PM
Hardware wallets, such as Polkadot Vault, can seamlessly connect to Talisman Wallet. In the following article, we'll guide you through the process of importing accounts from Polkadot Vault into this wallet.
How to import a Polkadot Vault account
1. Open the Talisman Wallet extension, click the three horizontal dots ("More options"), and then select "Add account."
2. A new tab will present you with three options will appear: "Create a new account," "Import an existing account," and "Connect Ledger, Polkadot Vault, etc.". Click the third option "Connect Ledger, Polkadot Vault, etc.)."
3. Click on "Connect Polkadot Vault."
4. Talisman Wallet requires access to your computer's camera due to the communication between Talisman Wallet and your phone via QR codes.
5. Now, open your Polkadot Vault app and choose the specific account you wish to add.
6. In the next screen of Polkadot Vault, choose the chain where you intend to use the account. This will display the account's address on that chain as a QR code.
7. Scan this QR code using Talisman Wallet. You will then be prompted to provide a name for the account and the option to restrict it to the selected network.
In the latest version of Polkadot Vault the accounts for each network are derived from the mnemonic phrase using a default derivation path ("//polkadot" for Polkadot, "//kusama" for Kusama, etc.) When you add an account for one chain on Talisman this account will be available on all enabled chains. However, the accounts on these chains will not match the accounts on Polkadot Vault and you will not be able to sign transactions for them. Make sure you restrict the imported account only to the chain you imported it for.
9. And that's it! Your Polkadot Vault will appear in your portfolio. Talisman Wallet will require the signature from the Polkadot Vault every time you operate with this particular account.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Disclaimer: We always strive to provide you with the best support we can and we take all care to ensure that our instructions are accurate and concise. However, following these instructions properly, as well as the general management of your accounts and funds, is ultimately your responsibility. Web3 Foundation cannot be held liable for any accidental loss of funds or any other damage you might incur.