Subwallet: Overview Print
Modified on: Tue, 6 Feb, 2024 at 4:38 PM
Subwallet is a non-custodial, treasury-funded wallet that allows users to access Web 3.0 and the whole of the Polkadot Ecosystem, offering a wide range of features.
In this article, we introduce the various features and capabilities of Subwallet. Follow each of the links to access a support article specific to that feature.
Subwallet is available as a mobile app for iOS and Android, as a browser extension, and as a web app. In our articles, we cover the mobile app and browser extension, which you can download from Subwallet's official site.
ℹ️ GOOD TO KNOW
If you have any questions about Subwallet or run into any issues and require further assistance, feel free to ask our AI chatbot or contact us.
Alternatively, you can also search Subwallet's documentation or contact their team directly and receive specialized assistance from the team that developed the wallet.
You can contact Subwallet support either by joining their Discord server, on Telegram, or through email.
Subwallet main page overview
All articles show instructions based on the Subwallet browser extension, but the same instructions apply to the mobile app as well.
In any case where there are differences between the extension and the mobile app, we'll make sure to point them out or provide separate instructions.
Once you have created or imported your first account in Subwallet you'll be presented with the following screen.
As we navigate through this screen, you can click on the links to read instructions for that particular functionality.
1. At the top is the account selection drop-down menu from which you can select any of your accounts or all of them. What you see in all the other views depends on the account(s) you have selected from this menu, which is available on all screens.
From the same menu you can:
- Create a new account
- Restore an account from a mnemonic phrase or JSON file
- Import a Polkadot Vault or Ledger account
- Add a read-only account
2. From the configuration icons you can enable or disable the networks and tokens you want to see in your portfolio, and whether to show tokens with zero balance. From the "Manage tokens" menu you can also add custom tokens for chains that support smart contracts.
3. From this icon you can open up a new screen to adjust the wallet's settings.
4. With the little "eye" icon you can hide or show your balance.
5. With the "copy" icon you can Receive funds in your account(s).
6. With the "send" icon you can Transfer funds from your account(s).
7. From the "cart" icon you can Buy crypto with fiat.
8. From each of the token bars you can see details about this token in your portfolio, like the various chains you have this token on, as well as details of the balance distribution.
If you have selected "All accounts" you can see details of the total balance (a) and the distribution of this token in your accounts (b).
9. Click on "Tokens" to access the main portfolio page.
10. The "NFTs" button will take you to the NFT screen from where you can Access the NFTs in your account(s).
11. From the "Crowdloans" button you can View the crowdloan contributions you've made from your account(s).
13. Finally, through the "History" button you can View your transaction history.
Differences in mobile app
In the mobile app, the "History" button is replaced by the "Browser" button. You can find the "History" button above your token balances.
If you click on the "Browser" button you can browse a plethora of dapps in the Polkadot ecosystem. Navigating to any one of them will allow you to connect your Subwallet and use it with your Subwallet accounts.
The above is not an exhaustive list of features that Subwallet may offer. If you need assistance with a feature not listed in the articles above, we recommend browsing Subwallet's documentation or contacting their support team.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Disclaimer: We always strive to provide you with the best support we can and we take all care to ensure that our instructions are accurate and concise. However, following these instructions properly, as well as the general management of your accounts and funds, is ultimately your responsibility. Web3 Foundation cannot be held liable for any accidental loss of funds or any other damage you might incur.